Saturday, November 1, 2008

Little Mama



I have loved watching Kennedy's innate nurturing characteristics. She loves to cuddle her baby, rock her baby, brush her teeth, clip her fingernails, feed her, put lotion on her, give her hugs and kisses, etc. Most recently she enjoys reading and singing to her baby. I suppose you could argue that I 'encouraged' such behavior by the sheer fact that I gave her the baby doll, but Kennedy's the one who has chosen what to do with her. I didn't tell her to do any of these specific activities with her baby doll; she does it all on her own. It's a testimony to me of the divine characteristics that we are born with as male and female. She is a daughter of God blessed with divine qualities and nurturing abilities. It is truly beautiful to witness her development.



If she treats her baby brother like she treats her baby doll we'll be in good shape around here. Well, except for maybe that game where she enjoys throwing her baby off the back of the couch. Not so sure about that one. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I bought my little girl a baby doll when I was prego with number 2. I found her dunking it head first in the toilet. Haha. Fun times! But she is really sweet to her brother! Girls are just built that way! I think the hardest thing is teaching them to share.

Beach Girl said...

So sweet! So...any contractions yet?????

Natasha said...

That is so precious!! That's definetly one of the perks of having a girl first. I know she'll be great with Cameron because she's already so sweet with Boston and I think you've done a really good job preparing her.

JenSwen said...

OH, that second picture is so precious! And I can't believe you're due in 3 days - you still look so tiny! Have a great delivery. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Summer..I have been following your blog a little and thought it was time to come out of the closet! ha ha I have a blog now.... Rachel Peterson

Hannah said...

What a good mommy! The downside to bringing home a real baby is that the toddler doesn't want you to be its mommy...at least that was my experience :) She loved the baby, but she didn't love that I was its mommy and that it took time away from her. But, fortunately, they get over it with some time and extra TLC. Can't wait for the new one to come!

Cordell and McCall said...

How are ya feeling? I am getting so anxious waiting for pics from you and my sis! Is it just me or is it taking FOREVER lol! Hang in there!