Early this morning Cameron was admitted to the NICU with critically high levels of Bilirubin. There was talk of a possible blood transfusion. He was put under phototherapy lights and hooked up with lots of wires to monitor his vital signs. He was given an IV to pump fluids into his body to help flush out his system. And there he has remained.
I am grateful. I am grateful that I had all of yesterday to hold, cuddle, love and nurse him since we are not allowed to do so now. I am grateful that his initial bilirubin level came down just enough late this morning that there is no more talk of a blood transfusion. I am grateful for wonderful doctors and nurses attending to my son's needs. I am grateful to live in this land and at this time where we have the knowledge and resources to treat this and other medical conditions. I am grateful that otherwise my baby boy is strong and healthy. I am grateful for the invention of breast pumps enabling me to continue feeding my baby my 'own product' and to keep my body producing. I am grateful for the option available to 'board in' at the hospital so I can be close to my son. I am grateful for a wonderful mother who is taking care of my high energy little Kennedy. I am grateful for a supportive, righteous husband who exercises his priesthood to bless our family. I am so grateful.
I tell you this not so you'll worry. It's not a matter of IF he'll be okay, but rather WHEN. I just want to make sure we're keeping those closest to us informed. Wish I could upload more pictures of our little man. This prehistoric laptop can only handle so much. He's already making lasting impressions with all the nurses here. It's cause he looks like his handsome daddy. :)
9 years ago




15 comments:
Your baby boy is absolutely beautiful! Our prayers are with you and your family. I am so happy that he is in the capable hands of the staff at the NICU. Kei was there for 5 days, and I know the nurses and doctors there were ANGELS to us! Take care!
I will keep you and your family in my prayers Summer!! He is adorable and he is going to be out so soon!! Love you lot's!
I'm so sorry to hear that your baby boy is in the NICU. You guys will be in our prayers tonight and every day until he is home! We love you and think of your family often! Please keep us updated!
I hope he gets better soon... thats why doctors go to school forever... to give us the best care ever!!!
Summer he is beautiful! We will keep him in our prayers and hopefully you will be able to take him home soon. You are so right, it is such a blessing to live where we do and in the time that we live. Hang in there and please let me know if you need anything!!
hi! we saw natasha and mark on Monday and they also said he looks just like james :) we love you and are praying for you!
Ahhh.. these babies never like to make things easy, do they? I'm glad they found out before you guys left so he could be treated. Savannah was also jaundiced, that was one of her billion problems that she had after birth. As annoying as it is, they look so cute with the little "sunglasses" on!! Glad you're both doing well and hope James Jr gets to come home soon!
Congratulations Summer! Hang in there, it will all be over before you know it and you'll be home with your beautiful healthy baby!
He really is so adorable! Jack's bilirubin was very high also and he had to lay in a Bili-bed for a while but you are right. It's not a matter of if but when! I can't wait for you to all be home and happy together!
Your pictures are so sweet. Let me know if there is anything I can do!
I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going as planned, but I am happy that he's going to be okay. He's beautiful Summer.
What a doll. You are such an amazing mother I love your positive outlook. Your little ones are lucky to have such a wonderful mom.
The pics of your new family are so cute. I hope your little guy get better soon!
-Lesley
Congrats on your little baby boy! I'm sorry to hear that he's in NICU. That must be so hard for you not to be able to hold him. I hope he gets better soon so you can return to your blissful state :).
Grandma Evans told me about little CJ (can we call him that?) being sick in the NICU! I rushed right home to read your blog, and sure enough you have posted about it. I appreciate all the details included in this post. I would love to call you, but know how exhausted and stressed must be and I don't want to bother you. Therefore, I am so grateful for blogger to communicate. We are praying for your family and send you our love!
Post a Comment