Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tender Mercies

Our sweet baby boy is home! I am still so humbled that so many of you have been praying for little Cameron. I have always had a testimony of the power in fasting, but today I gained a deeper appreciation. There is power in prayer; in fasting; and there is great power in numbers when people unite for a common cause. Humbly I express my deep gratitude that we were the focus of such prayers yesterday. Prior to the fast Cameron's numbers were still in the 'High Risk Zone'. This morning his number was in the 'Low Risk Zone'. This may not mean much to you without seeing the chart but there are two zones in the middle which he managed to blaze through to reach his low number this morning. I almost had to pinch myself when the doctor told me he could come home. His progress was nothing short of a miracle......and I have so many of you to thank for it. He is still on light therapy, but he's home and we couldn't be happier. Thank you for the very important role you have played in bringing about this tender mercy from the Lord. We love you.

10 comments:

Natasha said...

We are so glad our sweet little nephew is doing better and that he is finally home where he belongs! You have been such a great example to us of faith and endurance during trials and we are so proud to call you all family! Give him lots of hugs and kisses from the three of us.

Alys said...

I am happy to hear that your little one is home. I saw your earlier postings and was thinking thinking about you guys this weekend. Heavenly Father blesses us all so much. How grateful I am sure you are.

The Rich Family said...

This definitely has strengthened my testimony of fast and prayer. I cant believe he got to come home when his numbers were still so high only the day before! I am so happy and so excited that you are all home together! No more frequent trips to the hospital! Yea! And Cameron was not even in the hospital near your apartments, was he?? I'm sure it was all getting very, very old fast! Well, we are so happy to hear the good news and we love you guys lots!! Talk to you soon!

robbienmeri said...

Summer, I am so happy to hear that baby Cameron is doing well and at home, especially after the doctors told you it would be 5-7 days still. I am sure you are all enjoying it very much. Thank you for sharing this experience with us and helping our testimonies grow of prayer and fasting and our knowledge of a loving Heavenly Father who is mindful of his children. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help out. Kennedy is welcome to come and play anytime if you need to take Cameron in for checkups or anything.

JenSwen said...

Hooray! I'm so glad he gets to be home with his loving family. What a blessing.

Kaela Cusack said...

YAY! so excited for you. we saw James and Kennedy at church today and thought of you. i'm so glad he's home safely.

Erin S. said...

congrats on welcoming your cutie little boy and i am so glad that he is now doing well and is at home. hope you are doing well too!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad that he is home! What a blessing. Thank you for your sweet example of courage and faith. Summer, you are the best!

Melissa and Reed said...

Summer, You are so strong! I'm so glad your little man is doing okay. We'll continue to keep him in our prayers!

Cordell and McCall said...

Words just can't cut how happy this post made me!! We have had you in our nightly prayers and in our hearts and thoughts always!! I am grateful that Heavenly Father still creates miracles and that he loves us so much! Hooray!!! You made it through that trail with flying colors as far as I can see! What a great example of faith in our Savior and in our Heavenly Father! You done good girl!! Congrats on lil Cameron being home!!!