9 years ago
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Update
Our little man sure is fighting hard. His bilirubin levels have been gradually coming down the past two days. It's slow and steady, but the numbers are moving in the right direction so we are thrilled. They have lowered enough that he is no longer in the 'critical' zone but now in the 'high risk' zone. He remains in the NICU with his IV and constant monitoring although they are now letting me hold him while he eats......Hallelujah! The last doctor said he thought Cameron would be here another 5-7 days. I'm still hopeful that it won't need to be that long. Gratefully the days seem to be passing quickly for me. The nurses and staff here have been phenomenal. Everyone down to the janitors have been so wonderfully friendly and helpful. It has helped a lot since I am here most of the day alone. Cameron has had the same fabulous nurse during the day for the past 3 days. It's been nice to develop a relationship with her. It's no fun having a brand new nurse to get to know every 12 hours. I'm sorry if you've emailed or called and I haven't responded. If I'm not pumping or trying to catch up on sleep, I'm in with Cameron. Please know that we really appreciate your concern, thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hi Summer and family. I just read your blog and I'm glad to hear things are getting better, even if it is slowly. I cant imagine not being able to hold my baby. Even when Jacob was in the NICU and all hooked up to monitors and feeding tubes I was still always able to hold him. That must be so hard! I'm glad to hear they are letting you hold him more now. He is really such a handsome little boy! I cannot wait to meet him and see the rest of you over Thanksgiving! As of right now it still is the plan to make it to Utah for Thanksgiving. Summer, I wish I could come keep you company in the NICU. I know how hard and long those days can be.
I'm glad little Cameron's condition is getting better! You seem to be holding up well. You are such a strong woman, Summer!! Please know that we will keep you and your family in our prayers. Hang in there, girl!! Everything will be fine and before you know it, you'll be home with your new bundle of joy!!
Summer I'm glad you are hanging in there and feeling postive. I know it must be hard. I love you!!! We'll be praying for you guys. Thanks for keeping us all updated. Get better soon Cameron!
Summer, so glad to hear that baby Cameron is doing better. He is such a cute little guy! I'm glad you are having a good experience at the hospital with the nurses and everything- that probably makes a huge difference. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!
I am so sorry that you've had to deal with this. It must be so hard and scary. How wonderful the day will be when you have him home healthy.
We want to express our love for baby Cameron. He is a precious member of our extended family. We pray for him and your family constantly. Please, if you need help with little Kennedy, she is welcome at our house. I could come down and pick her up anytime.
Post a Comment