Thursday, October 2, 2008

She Had To Choose Today


I was so excited to get Kennedy from her crib this morning. I was feeling re-energized after my entirely childless day yesterday celebrating our anniversary. Well, my excitement came to a screeching halt when upon opening her door I find her sitting in a pile of her crap, literally. Handful by handful she had pulled everything out of her diaper and it was now strewn all over her crib, pajamas and a few choice toys. 'That's not what I think it is' as I turn on the bright overhead light. Yup, it is. Why Kennedy, why?? And so my fun morning begins. :) After a long sanitizing session in the tub, she is finally clean, fed and presently glued to Sesame Street. So, if you will now please excuse me to my daughter's quarantined room. I have an 'exciting' hour ahead of me. Hope you all have a splendid, less eventful morning. :)

14 comments:

robbienmeri said...

Events like these are never fun, at being pregnant makes it even less fun. Luckily, Jared and Alex have never taken off their diapers or smeared poop anywhere, but they have had the blowouts and their diapers leak and it is never fun to clean up. My friend's niece has eaten her poop seven times, so count your blessings, things could be worse. ;) Good luck, and I hope your afternoon and evening go better than your morning.

Kaela Cusack said...

what a stinker. literally!!!!

Margaret said...

Gross!!!! I can't believe my sweet niece did that! Is a child that cute capable of that? I guess so!

The Rich Family said...

Oh my gosh Summer! I cannot believe she did that! You must have been dying!! I don't know how I would handle that one!:)

Kristie Lee said...

I can't help but laugh at this, but only because I have had to do that a number of times with Makenna! She went through a stage where she would do this every time I put her down for a nap (at about Kennedy's age) because she knew mom would come in and have to clean it all up and it would postpone her nap- smart girl! Let me just say that is the one thing I hate about being a mom! YUUUUCK!!

Kat Clark said...

That is capitol Deeee-sgusting!

Jene and Megan said...

Oh man! That's not fun especially when you are almost 9 months prego. Can you believe it? Only 4 weeks left? WOW!! I can't wait...I'm so ready to pop this boy out. Haha!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Ugh, little stinker. Thank heavens for washing machines. We would have made terrible pioneers, huh? =)

Hannah said...

Oh man, kids are so funny. My friend has a son that does this frequently, so frequently in fact that they have removed all the sheets from his bed and he gets to sleep on plastic. At least she didn't eat it!!

Faith W said...

Oh, no, no, noooo! Can't even imagine having to clean this pregnant...lucky you! How could something so unbelievably adorable do something so incredibly yucky? :)

Heather and Trevor said...

Oh summer! I feel your pain! We just went through that with Emma about a month ago. She was poo painting after every nap and in the morning and then she would sample it! I know, not fun to hear but I just wanted you to know that Kennedy is not the only one. We are past it now because we always put her in "feety" jammies that zip up so now she can't even get in there. Good luck! I had a hard coulpe of weeks after that! She sure is cute though. I just saw all of your last posts. love them! :) Hope you are feeling well. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! That is hilarious! Life definitely is exciting with little ones around.

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling, by the way? I can't believe how close you are to adding number two!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.