Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm a Lucky Woman


James arrived home from work a little early today. What a pleasant surprise! He asked Kennedy if she wanted to read scriptures with him. She responded with an enthusiastic "Okay!". So they climbed into bed together and read about Enos and the Brother of Jared while I finished dinner. Makes my heart melt.

UPDATE: 5 minutes after publishing this post I went to put some new cleaning tablets in the toilet tanks. Disaster struck. While lifting the lid to the tank on the toilet in our hall bathroom it somehow slipped from my fingers and came crashing down shattering the back neck of our $300 porcelain toilet. 'That did not just happen. Crap.' James was gone faithfully completing his Elders Quorum Presidency visits. He was to arrive home any minute. I hear the keys open up the front door. I run out front on the verge of tears and he immediately knows something is wrong. "I did something very bad." "Did you drop Kennedy on her head?" "No. Come look." I bring him to the shattered toilet totally ashamed. Without even missing a beat he says "It's okay" giving me a big hug.....and then I burst into tears.

Anyone have a spare toilet lying around? :)

5 comments:

Alys said...

I love seeing Dad's read to their children. It is so important for them to have Mom and Dad read to them. That is a precious picture!

robbienmeri said...

So precious! Robbie and I learned in our parenting class at BYU that a Dad reading to their children or even just seeing their Dad read has a stronger impact on the children than a mother reading. Not that we shouldn't read, but I thought that was really interesting. So good job James!

The Rich Family said...

How sweet! I love the toilet story. And James and Kennedy just look adorable together! I'm going to call you today or tomorrow!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

And that's why you shouldn't clean your bathrooms. never ends well. Especially when you're 9 mo pregnant, missy!

Kaela Cusack said...

i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad he treats you so well! you deserve it :)