Friday, October 26, 2007

The tradition lives on

Anybody who knew me as a teenager knows how much I loved to dress up. My friends and I used to make up different themed days so we could have an excuse to come to school dressed up......Thug Day, Inside Out Day, May Day Army Day, Eighties Day, Pajama Day, and the list goes on. We also frequented the local bowling ally in our eighties attire complete with side pony tails and outrageous makeup. Crazy? Maybe. But I ask, "What else is high school good for other than making a fool of yourself and having fun?" :) My dress up clothes have since been passed down to my lil' sis and so I look to my children to carry on the silly spirit. And so with great enthusiasm, I introduce Miss Chickadee Kennedy:



Precious, no? I was so excited to get her a Halloween costume and I've been trying to find excuses for her to wear it this month more than once. Well, this afternoon we went to Cornbelly's with some friends from our old ward and I figured there wasn't a better time to pull out the chicken costume. :) We had a great time watching the singing chickens, getting lost in the corn maze, going down slides, riding in a cow train and watching a pig race!

Kennedy was chosen to represent one of the pigs in the race! 'Miss Faith Squeal' unfortunately took last place, but we were honored for her efforts with a nice spider ring which Kennedy promptly began to eat.

Here we are waving from our pig cheering post


Watching our little pig trail behind


Adorable Lexi


Bumble Bee Kate joined Kennedy in the costume craze


Cassie & Lexi


Jen & Katelyn


Ken & Me


Thanks to Jen, Kate, Cassie & Lexi for a wonderful afternoon!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

She makes such a cute chick too! I MEANT to go and find some cute tights like that for Erica, but alas, I didn't! What a cute addition :). I just love this costume.

Faith W said...

Well, if she isn't the cutest chicky ever!?!?!

Brooke Allison said...

Summer I love her costum. Parker is the same thing this year.

Heather and Trevor said...

I love it!! She is the cutest little chick ever! We wanted to go to cornbelly's. Did you like it? Looks like a lot of fun!

JenSwen said...

It was fun to see ourselves in your post - thanks for taking those pictures! And thanks for organizing that outing - it was great to see you and Cassie and meet your babies. :)