
It has been a life saver for me! I'm only half way through this 400+ page book, but oh how it has already made such a wonderful difference in my life! Kennedy use to go to bed at about 11pm, sometimes earlier, sometimes later and she would sleep a good 8-9 hours. Now she goes to bed between 7pm and 8pm and sleeps for 12-13 hours!!! Hallelujah! Can I even tell you No 1. how much happier I am now that I have time to myself and hubby in the evening and No 2. how much happier Kennedy is during the day?! It's amazing. Little did I know, her increased fussiness over the past couple months was because she was overtired and fatigued most of the time. Thank heavens for wonderful books, because as I'm learning, mothering isn't always instinctual. Mostly I find it's trial and error and often I don't have the answers. I highly recommend this book to moms and future moms alike. I initially just checked it out from the library but have now decided to purchase a copy because the book contains sections on all ages from birth to adolescence. I'm sure I'll want to go back and reference this book again and again.
Sorry to all for the post overload that follows and sorry especially to the grandparents for the long time wait.
Sorry to all for the post overload that follows and sorry especially to the grandparents for the long time wait.

8 comments:
I totally agree! I read that book along with 12 hours sleep by 12 weeks and Erica has always slept great as a result! I'll be using them again for baby number 2! So glad you're getting more sleep.
Babies are so crazy at first..i love those books;) wow does it make a difference when they go to bed on time..happy sleeping ha ha :)
I am so glad that you blogged again! i was checking all the time! I totally know about the sleep thing! I have a friend in my new ward and she is friends with a gal that started a sleep company and she is a baby sleep therapist. check out her website, it's bbsleepsolutions.com She is Amazing! Emma started going to bed at 8 pm and wake up at 8 am. at about 4 months! And would take 3 2hour naps a day. It was amazing! She sells and endorses that book on her site. So it must be good. I want to read it. Let me know when you finish and tell me all about it!
Summer...you, James & Kennedy are so cute! I randomly found your blog and was so happy to see you are doing well! Plus...now I can keep tabs on you (in a non-stalker way :)
-Shalayne (Packer) Villarreal
Lucky you! I read that book too, however, it wasn't the magic for me as it is to you. Aaron was up 7 times last night...and Ashley was up once for two hours :( (we were at the cabin and it was Aaron's first night sleeping away from home) We are all sleep deprived at our house. Keep up the good work. I wish we were as lucky as you....
Summer,
Oh - I SOOOO love that book. Michael and Henry were crazy sleepers and someone introduced that book to me when I was pregnant with Ethan and it COMPLETELY changed our lives. Sorry I should have told you about it. Right after I read it I was passing it around like the Book of Mormon :).
Glad you are all getting some sleep and quality time together.
Faith
PS - Lovin' Kennedy's pigtails too!
Summer, I have read all the sleep books and that one is by far my favorite! I love how age-specific it is and how he tells you what exactly to do in every scenario. Kate sleeps great and I owe that in part to HSHHC!
So sorry you were all sick! I would love to get together, but we are in St. george this week. Let's do a play date another time though, like next week k? Hope your all feeling better and sleeping better!~
Post a Comment