Monday, March 3, 2008

Murphy's Law

I am a believer in the importance of "Opposition in all things". However, why does it always seem to happen at the most inopportune times?!? My little family of three has the flu. Or maybe a severe case of the cold virus because we've all been lucky to keep our food down thus far. However, I haven't been able to eat anything but toast and apple juice with an occasional orange here and there. Evidence of Murphy's law.....why is it that when you're sick and probably in the most need of some good nourishment, you can't stomach to eat anything substantial? But here's the real kicker, due to this untimely sickness I had to miss a baby shower I was very much looking forward to AND one of my best friend's flew to Utah from Tennessee to bless her baby on Sunday and I had to miss out! Oh how I wanted to be selfish and go. I've been dying to meet her adorable little boy (proof here). But as a mother myself, I knew I couldn't live with exposing any of them. So, yes you can join with me, "Woe is me." :) I'm one that likes to look on the positive side of things and I'll admit, it sure is hard when you're sick. But I've forced myself to find two things: Kennedy was more cuddly yesterday than the last 9 months combined and she slept like an angel (Thank heavens my prayers were answered!). Her temperature has come down and she seems to be feeling much better today. Hopefully James and I will catch up with her soon. Hope you are all enjoying good health!

14 comments:

Quinn & Dani Gooch said...

Oh Summer I totally know what you mean! I hope that you guys are feeling better. It is so rough when the whole fam gets sick. Let's try to get together soon...I would love to see little Kennedy in person. She is so dang cute!

Kayla R. said...

:( hope you feel better soon!

Jene and Megan said...

I'm sorry you are all sick! I hope you all get healthy soon!! There has been such a nast flu/cough going around out here too! I feel for you guys, I really do!

Hannah said...

I hope you feel better soon! I definitely hate being sick. At least you've gotten extra snuggles from your sweet girl :). And, at least none of you have an appetite, so you don't have to try to cook for someone!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Amen. Can you imagine what it's going to be like when we have 4, 5, or more kids? I don't think the colds will ever stop. They'll just rotate continually. Hope you feel better soon.

Heather and Trevor said...

Hope you feel better! that stinks! I hate being sick :(

Beach Girl said...

Influenza is going around! I work at the U of U Urgent Care on the weekends, and we have a little epidemic of flu, RSV, and Strep going around. Hope you feel better soon. It is awful!

P.S. remember good hand washing is the KEY!

Lindsey, J.D. said...

I hope you are feeling better by now! I HATE being sick. Joe is sick and I am praying I won't get it. Anyway, I did my first tag, and your name made it in on one of the questions, and I decided to tag you as well!!

Kaela Cusack said...

Goodness-I didn't know you were sick! Do you need anything? You sure came through in my hour of need. Please feel free to call on me!

Dani said...

Summer,

I missed you so much that week. I hope you are feeling better, that sounds sooo awful. We are coming out for 2 weeks in June, it turns out, so we must see you! Sure love ya.

Dani

Faith W said...

Oh Summer, there is seriously nothing worse than the stomach flu! We missed you at the shower, but no worries, we have all been there and we'll just have to get together when you are all feeling better.

Take care!

Cordell and McCall said...

We are all sick too!I am letting everyone know about my new blog becuase my old one I can't get into, some glitch!
thewashburnz.blogspot.com
Hope you all get better FAST!
Love
McCall

Jene and Megan said...

Hah! The movie is called "Big Business." Yes, I remember watching that movie and I also remember my brother Brett rewinding over and over again the part when Bette Midler hits someone with her purse to get the taxi. I love that movie!! My mom got that DVD for me last year for Christmas.

art history alli said...

Happy Easter!