Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Anyone?

Sorry no pictures this post. I have many a pics to add, but no time or energy at the moment. So, anyone have advice for fussy teething babies? I've tried nursing more frequently, the baby orajel, frozen teething rings, massaging gums.....nothing seems to help. I've started cutting her solid diet back to just fruit and veggies to see if the fussiness is due to some food intolerance/allergy but it's too soon to tell whether that is going to make a difference. I'm out of ideas. It had to happen some time......Kennedy was so content and happy as a new born -- slept through the night early on, hardly ever cried, etc.. James and I thought we could have 20! Well, reality has set in, and we're now dealing with what I'm sure is a more typical infant and our numbers have returned to a more realistic 5 or 6. :) Don't get me wrong.....I still love my child to pieces, just a little frustrated that I can't help her. Any advice would be much appreciated.

6 comments:

Hoyts Happenings: said...

Remember that herbal remedy I was tellin you about? Well... Kaia was never fussy during teething, so it worked for her.

It's called Kid-e-Well, colic and teething formula. Buy it a good earth. It's a mite pricy, but worth every cent.
Make sure you masage it into her gums after you drop the liquid on them.

Hannah said...

Erica loved chewing on a baby toothbrush. They make small ones by oral-b for babies and that seemed to help her.

Other than that, I would use orajel and if it calmed her down for 15 min or so, I would know it was her teeth bothering her, and sometimes I would give her some tylenol.

Good luck!

Brooke Allison said...

Summer your little girl is so cute. I cant believe how big she is already. I think she looks a lot like you. I'm glad you came across our blog, it's so fun to keep in touch with people this way. Where are you guys living now?
Brooke Samuelian

Erin S. said...

Summer I just came across your blog and I can't believe how big your little girl is!! She looks just like you! The only advice on teething I have is give her something cold the chew on (they have these things at Target that you can put an apple or a carrot or even ice in a little net thing and it snaps shut so they can chew on it.). Good luck though, it seems like teething never ends!!
Erin Shelley

Jaime said...

I heard that alternating between baby tylenol and baby motrin is the best, with some of those all natural teething disolving pills from the health place. Good luck girl!

Faith W said...

Summer,

Oh, I feel your pain. Poor little princess, it is a miserable experience for both of you when they are teething.

I love the herbal tablets too, they are homeopathic, "Wylands teeting tablets" are the ones I use, and they always take the edge off and don't overly medicate them. I just get them in the grocery store. My other quick-hitter is peeling a large carrot just out of the fridge and letting them gnaw on it for awhile. It's hard, cold and big enough that they can't choke.

Good luck!

L,

Faith