1. In my next life I want to be a rock star; a Broadway star would be nice as well. :) When I'm alone at home or in the car, I often burst out into song, sometimes at the top of my lungs mind you. (So embarrassing.) Kennedy seems to like my 'performances' and sometimes she'll even clap for me. Ha. I guess I'm going to have to find some other avenue once my kids are old enough to realize that their mom is crazy. Or maybe they'll just join in with me. :) (I'm sure this is no surprise to my siblings, and I can see Mark shaking his head right now.)
2. I'm germaphobic. I use to be worse before I had Kennedy, but now that I'm a mom I've learned to let a lot of things go. But one thing I'll never be free from is my disgust of public restrooms. If there aren't toilet seat covers I make my own with toilet paper. And rest assured I use paper towels to turn off all knobs and open all the doors. And what if there aren't paper towels you ask? I cringe and bare it and slather on the antibacterial soap I keep on hand in my purse. (Wondering all the while about the controversies over using 'anti-bacterial'.) Oh and here's a tidbit of advice for your home bathrooms. Always close the lid before flushing! Especially if you keep your toothbrushes out on the counter. No need to let the germs from your toilet swirl into your bathroom air. Have I convinced everyone I'm crazy now?? :)
3. I sleep in a cocoon. I tuck the sheets and blanket in on both sides of me to create a nice pocket that gets wonderfully toasty. I love it. Granted, James says I move a lot so it doesn't last long, but it gets me nice and comfy before I fall asleep.
4. Weird bodily anomalies: I've never had a bloody nose. Seriously. I've never had a brain freeze. Instead I get throat freezes.......very uncomfortable and annoying as I can imagine a brain freeze would be. I can turn my belly button inside out. Don't ask me how I discovered this....I was a young child and no doubt bored one day and figured it out. :)
5. If you've gotten to the end of this most exciting list I applaud you. :) And for you I divulge the biggest secret of all.................I'm expecting! Yep, I'm 13 weeks along with a due date of November 7th. That will put Kennedy and her baby sister (I'm hopeful) just under 22 months apart. I'm showing about twice as fast as when I was pregnant with Kennedy. The first time around I was able to hide it from my coworkers and ward members until I was 16 weeks. Not so this time. I've been struggling trying to find things to wear that hide my growing tummy. Well, no more! Now you all know why I look so bloated all the time! :) We're excited to expand our family and add another kiddo.
5 People I Tag: Megan, Margaret, Jennifer, Beej, Malia, and anyone else who is feeling brave. :)
9 years ago


23 comments:
Summer! Congratulations! That is so exciting. Kennedy will love having a younger sibling. And you guys will be in Salt Lake - hooray! We'll have to do lots of playdates. :)
Summer Ann Simonsen Evans...I can't believe it! I'm so happy for you! I can't believe how close our due dates are...that's just crazy!(must of been a Valentine's Day baby hehehe..) I'll be out in Utah the end of May. Will you still be in Provo then? Congrats to James too!! Wow, what a very very exciting time for you all!
Ah! Congratulations! Motherhood is such a blast, isn't it? How are you feeling??
I'm always bursting into song too...but Erica gets mad about it. When i try to sing in the car, she always starts yelling, "no!" I've just started to ignore her ;)
Summer, you have got to learn how to pop a squat!!! Taking time to carefully place toliet paper on the toliet seat is so unnecessary!!!
That would be great to see you! We can compare bellies..haha! Unfortunately, Jene will not be able to come out with me this time. He said he can either take a week off in May or in November when the baby's born. I wish he'd come with me but alas, work is kind of important.
Summer,
I'm so happy for you! You are the cutest mom! Let us know when you know what you're having!
Very exciting! I am already wondering what it will be like to be pregnant with my next baby. I was so useless when I was pregnant and it is not possible to just lay around and be a bum when you have a child to run after. Let me know how it goes. I look forward to hearing. I really enjoyed hearing some of those little quirks - they were great!
How exciting!! You will have 2 under 2- WOW! That will be so fun! Congrats on James graduating and finding a job so quickly- that is so awesome! Oh, and thanks for the cute b-day card :)
Congratulations Summer! I am so jealous...Congrats to your husband as well!
Yeah! I just knew it. Just because you told me you were trying, and I knew it wouldn't take you too long. Well, I'm so happy for you, and we need to do a playdate sometime soon!
-Cassie
WOW! Congrats! You are a trooper! Hope your feeling well. I hated the first tri! :)Too bad you didn't let me know when you were planning and then we could have had our kids on the same day again! LOL totally kidding- I am way excited for you and congrats for James too! I would love to hear from you! :) Keep us posted on your new bundle! :)
Summer,
I wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I will always remember that May 4th is your birthday. You helped me move into my new house on your birthday in 5th grade! I'll never forget your birthday party! We all got to dress up and get our makeup done like rock stars and got to perform. You, Megan, and I performed Ironic by Alanis Morrisette! hahaha...I have so many fun memories with you through the years!!! I hope it was a wonderful day! Love you!
Yay! Congrats! I am glad you saved the best fact for last. And I never chew gum in the bathroom because of all the floating toilet germs! :) Thanks for the toothbrush tip.
CONGRATULATIONS SUMMER!
I am so excited for you!!! Loved reading your list too, you are too adorable.
Love you!
Summer: Congratulations!! That is so exciting!! Happy Birthday as well from me if you didn't get my message on facebook... I also remember your "Rockstart" birthday. I was Sandy from Greese!! Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS one more time! Hope you had a great day!
A big congrats from the Porters. We are so thrilled for you guys. I want my first 2 to be close in age just like yours will be!
Yes, I knew it!! Congrats!!
Congratulations!! YAY, I am so very excited for you! You have got to be the cutest mom ever, are you feeling good? I loved reading your interesting tidbits about you. Thanks for the tag...I will got on it!
Congrats! Now you're going to be 2 ahead of me!? I'm so glad you found me on blogger, we'll have to be better about keeping in touch.
I KNEW you had that special glow going on! Congratulations!
Big congrats! Nothing could be better. I'm so glad you are loving motherhood. It only gets busier and yet, better. At least that's how I feel.
Summer Congrats! That is so exciting! And congrats to James too. Sounds like he got a great job and in SLC! Keep me posted on your pregnancy. And we will all have to get together soon so I can see cute Kennedy and your little belly!
CONGRATULATIONS! oh man, i have been meaning to call you. Call me sometime! Oh and I have something for you on my blog. Love ya
Post a Comment