Thursday, April 3, 2008

She Put them Away?!?



I've tried to involve Kennedy in cleaning as much as is reasonable for her age. She "helps" me sort the laundry and put her clean clothes away. And at the end of the day I try and remember to have her help me put her toys away before she goes to bed. Apparently she's beginning to understand the concept of putting things away, because sometimes when I just ask her to put something away she does it without me having to show or help her. Today she got into my dresser and was pulling my socks out while I was cleaning up breakfast. I saw her walking around with my socks but didn't pay much attention to it because she was happily playing on her own. After I finished cleaning up I put her down for a nap and went into my room to get dressed. And lo and behold.....each of the three pairs of socks I had seen her playing with earlier were back in my drawer! "What in the world? Did she really put all of those back?" I'm not sure whether it was a game for her or if she really knew to put them back.....but I couldn't stop laughing. What a cute kid I'm blessed to have. Little moments like this make my day. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face and couldn't wait for her to wake up from her nap so I could give her a big hug. I love my little girl.

6 comments:

Kristie Lee said...

That is every mother's dream! hahaha. I can tell that you are a great mom. I wish I could see you more and do mommy stuff together! We are coming out around 4th of July this summer, so we will have to get together.

Margaret said...

What a cute little girl. I can't wait to see her. Her hair is growing like crazy. Glad she's such a good helper.

Lindsey, J.D. said...

That is so darling. Something that would totally make you grin. :)

Kat Clark said...

Summer! Your daughter is so freaking adorable and I love her name! I wonder if Jack will ever understand the "clean-up" concept. He is still unraveling the whole toilet papet roll everytime he gets a chance. Anyway, my boobs only look good because I am still nursing. I call it the milk boob job. Once I am done, they are sure to turn into pancakes! Ha! So on that note...

Cindy Merris said...

I can't believe what a big girl Kennedy is now, I swear I remember visiting you guys in the hospital like it was yesterday!

Amy said...

I seriously can not believe how big she is getting, I swear it. She is so cute, I am glad you have your blog so I can keep updated on your family. She seems to get her energy from you, if I remember correctly you weren't one to sit still for very long either.