9 years ago
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
HELP!
Okay all of you experienced mothers out there, I need help picking a double stroller. I thought I had decided on the Baby Trend Sit 'N Stand Deluxe until hearing that a toddler won't fit in the back seat when you have an infant carrier in the front. Do any of you have this stroller that you could confirm? I want a stroller that can accommodate both an infant carrier and toddler at the same time, easy to maneuver, not too heavy, and not too expensive. Do you have any advice, personal experience, opinions??? PLEASE SHARE!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Andrea has this stroller and it is a love hate relationship. Talk to her about it.
I have a Malaren Twin stroller and LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! The only negative for you would be it does not accommodate a baby car seat.
After owning 5 strollers, I have come to the realization that as your needs change, there will not be a single perfect stroller to full fill all of those needs at once. Don't skimp on price either; cheap strollers do not pay off in the end. You'll end up hating it or it will fall apart wasting money. You're money ahead in the long run to buy a quality stroller.
Good luck!
I have the Phil & Teds stroller for Jake & then whenever baby number 2 comes, I will buy the attachment. Allie & Sean Chapman have 2 kids and this stroller also.
Its a jogger/regular stroller and kind of expensive.
Just a thought for you and your stroller needs! Good luck.
We just set ours up this weekend and those are rumors you heard. We've put Katelynn in the back and the baby car seat in the front and it worked great. The downfall is you can only get into the storage from the sides and may want a diaper bag to hang on the stroller handle. We love it. It pushes well and seems like it will be great. GOOD LUCK!
I have the Graco Duo Glider and have really enjoyed it. I got it for $169 on the internet with free shipping. I use it for walks and the store and can manuever through anything. I have friends with the Phil & Teds stroller and they love it, but it is very expensive. I would go to the store and try it out. Burlington Coat Factory probably has it on their floor and you can put Kennedy in it and see how you like it. That's what I did when I was deciding which one I should get. Good luck!
sadly...i can not.
I had this same dilemma and couldn't choose. The stroller was either too big, to ugly or too complex. so... I didn't get one. Kaia, she walks.
Hey Summer- Dani said you used hypnobirthing with Kennedy. I would love to talk to you about it and see what you thought of it and how you prepared. my email is nath6405@yahoo.com
I have that stroller. It is a love hate kind of stroller. I loved that the carseat clicked in, Bentley fit fine in the back (but he was also a year old), it is cheap, it is easy to fold...but it is heavy, like stearing a tank, and doesn't take bumps or uneven sidewalks very well. I haven't gotten a new one because I can't decide between a BOB or a Phil and Teds and can't decide if it is worth it. If you run or use your stroller a ton and have a fabulous place to store it without it getting ripped off just get a very nice and expensive stroller. I put Gaige in the stroller without the carseat as early as 6 weeks. You don't really go out too much the first two months of having your second kid. But like I said, the cheap one works and I don't have to worry about leaving it in the stairwell at our apt complex. If it gets stolen that just means I'll have to get a new and expensive one. Good luck!
Done my homework, been through my share of lame strollers, and finally I am getting a Joovey Caboose Tandem Ultralight. Compared to the other sit and stands, it is really light and doesn't have the same problem with the toddler in the back- plus, you can (not officially endorsed, but every bit as secure) snap the car seat in the back and have toddler ride in front. Ok, still not willing to claim I'm the expert, so if you find something even better, do share- PLEASE!
I thought that I had hit the jackpot with the Sit and Stand. I had talked to people who loved it and it seemed perfect. But, it is not. It is the only stroller, besides the Graco duo that holds a baby seat. Other than that, it is not great. It is too heavy, too bulky - it probably won't fit in your trunk, or if it does, nothing else will. You can't push it with one hand and you can't hang your purse or other bags on the handle, as it is a bar and not "hooks". But, when Jack was in the infant seat and I could put Evan in the second seat, it was OK. But, in theory, this stroller is good when your first child will want to walk and just sit or stand occasionally. But with a child like mine and I am sure other 2 - 3 year olds, you can't trust them to stay with you, so you want to strap them in, but they don't want to be in their seat strapped in. The "Sit and Stand" option is not for toddlers - more for preschoolers. So, it is better when your older child is 4 or 5 years old. I love Haley's stroller! Dave wishes we would have gotten that one, but baby needs to be about 4 or 5 months before they can sit in it. Dave HATES our sit and stand. He hates putting it in the car, taking it out of the car, trying to get Evan to sit or stand on it, and then folding it up and putting it back in the car. He also hates trying to pack the car for a trip with that stroller as it takes at least 1/3 of the space in our car. Another think I didn't like about it was the basket. Its position underneath the stroller is the place that Kennedy's feet would go. Evan constantly smooshed anything in there with his feet. Bottom line, it is OK, but you won't love it. I can't suggest anything else to you, though. Good luck!
Post a Comment