An update on Kennedy is long overdue. This 20 month old gem is the pride and joy of my life. As the countdown on my baby ticker shows only 44 days today (!) I am getting more and more anxious for her little brother to arrive. I'm feeling pretty confident these days that Kennedy will be a great big sister. She has grown and changed so much in the past couple months. It is truly amazing to watch these little ones grow. Here's some of the latest fun facts about her.
She is still obsessed with hats and shoes. She can frequently be seen sporting daddy and mommy's shoes around the house. She is also working on mastering putting her shoes on herself. She's getting pretty good at it, although 9 times out of 10 she puts them on the wrong feet. :) She loves to bring me my shoes whenever she knows we're getting ready to leave. She also is attempting to dress herself these days. Only problem? Everything goes on her legs....pants, shirts....who says there's anything wrong with going topless? :) In addition to 'traditional' hats, she loves to put anything else she deems exciting on her head and call it a hat. She puts her diaper bag, boxes, buckets, all her head and then parades around. It becomes a problem when she pulls them down over her eyes and starts running into things. :)
Her vocab has exploded. It just happened one day......I can't even keep track of all the words she can say. She surprises me with a hand full of new words each day and has started putting two word phrases together. Some of my favorites are: Sorry (Sahree), Helpful (Hepfoo), Okay (AhKay), Medicine (Mehsin), Circle (Serkoo) and Help Me (HepMee). When we ask her a question she never says yes, it's always a very enthusiastic 'Okay!'.
She continues to be a little nurturer. She loves to feed her baby, give her 'muk' (milk), rock her, brush her teeth, blow her nose, etc. She also loves to be helpful! I love that she knows this word because it's so fun to watch her do things around the house and proudly say to me "Hepfoo". She loves putting things away or "back" as she most often says. She even gets upset when I don't put her milk away quickly enough. She stands at the fridge door and says "back back back" until I help her open the door.
She loves to sing songs, nursery rhymes, ABCs and count. Her energy is endless. She's OBSESSED with coloring. Anytime I ask her what she's coloring the response I always get is 'Circle'. :)
Future Olympic Track Star? Kennedy was inspired by the Olympians and created her own track event at our house one afternoon. Warning: this video is a very lengthy 3 minutes....and this was after she had already been running her course for 5 minutes. Do toddlers know the meaning of the word 'monotonous'? :)
One afternoon while I was doing the dishes Kennedy mysteriously disappeared. She was no where to be found. Then I heard rustling in my hall closet. She still enjoys shutting herself in the linen closet and pantry closet.
You may notice from the slide show the continued void of cute hair-dos. While she now understands what a bow is and gets excited (on occasion) for me to put them in, they still don't last longer than an hour or so at a time. So I guess you can call me a lazy, pregnant mom because I don't often take the time to do anything special with her gorgeous hair. On a couple occasions I have french braided it.....so fun. :) But normally if she lets me do anything at all, it's a pony tail or simple bow clip to keep it out of her face. I still have high hopes that some day she'll let me, even want me to make pretty creations and curls. :)
And lastly, I just thought this was hilarious. At our ward opening social James and Kennedy ran the three-legged race. Kennedy didn't find it as amusing as we did, but hey, she won me a bag of candy. :)
WE LOVE YOU KENNEDY!





6 comments:
You are such a wonderful mom! (Cason even commented on this) I love to see your videos of Kennedy! She is just too cute. I hope I can be like you someday. Some night when James is at work, can we hang out and you teach me mommy things? You guys are so fun to be around.
Hugs!
I can't believe how fast baby #2 is going to be here. I know I'm not the one prego, but it seems to have gone by so fast!
It's about time for an update! haha, JK! Kennedy is so much like her mommy!
I love the 3-legged-race video. So precious! Thanks for the Kennedy update. We are excited to see you guys in November and hope that baby brother has arrived by then!!
HAHAHHA! oh man that is sooooo funny! great team work!!!
ok so I had to catch up on your life and I was watching all the videos (soooo cute) and in the one with the carseat I thought I heard someone say "is that what you are going to do with Cameron" so is that a name in the process for your little guy? It is a good name, but I am bias lol!
Post a Comment