Monday, July 16, 2007

Walkin' on Sunshine

California was wonderful! My little Kennedy was amazing during both 10 hour car rides -- to which I continued to thank and praise her profusely for. :) Throughout our whole vacation in beautiful, sunny, southern California, Faith continued to ask my parents, "Why don't we move back here?!?!" Unfortunately, the rest of the world has discovered the supreme weather in So. Cali, as the horrific traffic and super-inflated real estate reflect. :P I came home and told James when he makes his millions that he'd have to move me back to good ol' San Diego. :) Here's some pics highlighting our many fun adventures.


Our first day in Los Angeles we went to Universal Studios! Our favorite ride was "Jurassic Park". Who knew we were going to get absolutely soaked?!


Faith and me after getting completely soaked......good thing I spent all that time drying and styling my hair that morning. :P


Mom and Dad a little surprised after taking their turn getting drenched on the ride.


Kennedy keeping us entertained while we waited for Grandpa and Grandma to get off the Mummy ride.


Classic Hollywood Picture


Our second day we went to Huntington Gardens. Lots of fun gardens and museums full of art work. We could have been there all day. But alas, we left to get ready for the musical, "Wicked". If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It was phenomenal! Too bad I didn't get any pictures of the theater. One of my dad's good classmates from UCLA was kind enough to watch Kennedy for us while we were at the show. Kennedy's first time with real babysitters. Oh boy was that hard for me to watch her go. I'll admit, I almost shed some tears when I handed her over, but managed to keep myself composed. He and his wife and two little kids had a blast with her while we were gone. Thank you Ron and Debra!


Faith in the Japanese Garden


Mom and Dad and a crazy cactus plant in the Desert Gardens


This desert garden tree looks like it belongs in "Whoville" :)


"Every rose has it's thorn"?!


Biggest leaf we've ever seen


My over zealous daughter trying to shove the whole water bottle in her mouth while we waited for Grandma and Grandpa in one of the museums.


Imagine that. After getting first class service, being pushed around all afternoon through beautiful gardens, she passed out. (Wish I was so lucky.) :)


We made it to the Del Mar beach in San Diego on Friday. Kennedy's first visit to the beach! We managed to have an enjoyable time without getting any sand in the mouth or eyes! Yahoo!












We were able to attend Tessa Brummer's wedding (a family friend) on Saturday in the San Diego temple. It was a beautiful sealing -- I only wish I had my honey next to me in the temple.








So, just about 50 yards from the Mesquite exit, we ran out of gas! It was quite the adventure as we sat in 115 degree weather for about 45 minutes while my dad walked to the nearest gas station and back.


Our Hero!


Cute Kennedy kept us entertained while we waited for my dad. She has figured out how to pull her shade from up above her head to down by her feet. As you can see, she thinks she's pretty funny. :)

3 comments:

Dani said...

Summer! How fun! I'm so glad to see you had such a good time. Kennedy seems like she was such a good girl. :)

Faith W said...

Summer,

What a blast! A ton of fun, and the best entertainment ever, cute Kennedy. Love the slide show of her life to date too. You are the most beautiful mom ever.

L,

Faith

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time! I am so glad that Kennedy enjoyed it and made the trip a blast for you too!