Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A Tribute to the Mullet

For those of you who never had the pleasure of seeing it in real life, for quite some time our daughter was sporting (as Brandon would say) a "wicked sweet" mullet. I must admit I was rather emotionally attached to her whispy hair and was even taking full advantage of styling it in pigtails on occasion.


Tell me that is not adorable?


Okay, I'll admit her bald spot is not looking so hot in this picture, but look at the length of those pigtails!

Needless to say I was receiving "encouragement" :) from a few choice family members to whack it off. Amazingly, my husband finally convinced me that we needed to cut it and so on the grim evening of May 27th Kennedy experienced her first hair cut. Oh boy was it traumatic for mom, but I survived with the help of my good hubbie. :)


Before.....


During.....


After!

I must say her bald spot does look much better now, but alas I still miss the long locks every now and then. :)

3 comments:

Dani said...

Summer,

Aw! She is so cute, before and after. That "wicked sweet mullet" was awesome. How cute!

Hoyts Happenings: said...

Believe me, after her hair grows long and lush, you will wish you could shave it all off.

Hannah said...

I think cutting your baby's hair for the first time is very emotional! It sounds like you took it very well! I had a hard time just cutting a little tuft of hair off Erica's head when she was little. Anyway, kennedy looks beautiful!

Hannah Mautz