Friday, July 10, 2009

I Need a Vacation

We just got back from 2 weeks of vacation last Saturday. We had lots of fun. But Mamma came home very tired. I felt like I needed a vacation from vacationing. Anyone else feel this way after traveling with kids? :) I promised Brandon I would post this video he took of me falling asleep on the car ride down to Lake Powell. Please note he was driving while taking this video with his iPhone. Whoever says men can't multitask has obviously never met CuteBoy Brandon.



When I've fully recuperated and my house looks less like a tornado hit, I'll post all our lovely pics.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep I'm pretty amazing indeed. Or crazy. But we were on a empty, forsaken road with no one around so it wasn't too unsafe to record this :)

Mary said...

That's so funny! I love it. I feel like that A LOT!

joanna said...

that was sooo funny-thank you for sharing! and yes, i totally don't blame you at all for being so tired, such is the life as the mom!
you are too cute!

Jene and Megan said...

Ok, so I'm laughing out loud right now!! haha..so funny! I only laughed as much as I did because I felt the exact same way yesterday when we were driving home from our vacation! it was my first real vacation with a baby and boy, was I tired! Jene and I went to bed last night at 9 and didn't wake up until 8 when Eric woke us up! haha...

Margaret said...

That cracks me up! You can fall asleep any where and at any time, so funny.

Faith Simonsen said...

this video made me break down with LAUGHTER!!! HAHA! Now i am going to watch it again...and laugh at you all over again (or with? you)

The Rich Family said...

Summer, this is so funny! I got home last night from my 2 1/2 week trip with my family and I fell asleep multiple times like that on our car rides to and from places. At one point my parents said Jacob and I were both snoozing with our mouths wide open! I love how Kennedy was just doing her own thing while you slept. So cute!

Kaela Cusack said...

what a stitch!!!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Um, I'm still tired from Lake Powell. Seriously. Vacations are a lot less relaxing now that we have to do some of the work!! It was so good seeing you though. You've always been like another sister to me- I love you to pieces.

Malia said...

YouTube it. Come on! It will get a lot of hits. Way funny.

Sarah said...

That video is way funny!!!

Kat Clark said...

Knock. Knock. Anybody home? :)

jill connelly said...

Summer, your little family is sooo adorable! It's so fun to be in Texas with Melis, Reed and this perfect little angel, Brooklyn. Babies are such a miracle aren't they? Melis and Reed are adjusting so comfortably into parenthood. They are smiling from ear to ear at their little princess as I type. So good to see you in July. Only love, Jill*

Heather and Trevor said...

Hey Summer! I still check your blog but have been terrible at leaving comments! :) I think you need to update from July right? Its never too late! haha - your little family is so darling! I can't believe how fast they grow right? Hope you're well!

Taylor and Cami Weight said...

haha I laughed so hard! Summer you are such a good mom...just looking at this video tells me so :) Love you!