Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lucky Gal

I really lucked out in the mother in law department. This was apparent from the beginning, but after bringing children into the world it became even more so.
Presenting:
Nana



Being blessed with my own wonderful mother, I couldn't have asked for a better mother in law. I can pretty much guarantee none of you have one as wonderful as mine. I've heard all the stories and feel truly sorry for those who inherited one of those "traditionally nightmarish mother in laws". Not only does Jody not possess any such qualities, she has every good quality you could ever hope for in a mother in law and grandma. She is the epitome of selflessnes; doesn't have a mean bone in her body; is so supportive, complimentary, GENEROUS (I'm talking the kind of grandma you always wish you had when you were younger....the kind that loves to spoil you rotten), fun, easy to talk to, loving, did I mention generous? The woman is a saint and I'm so grateful I inherited her. It's been a true blessing.



She came and stayed with us for two weeks after Cameron was born and it was heavenly. I was so grateful for help & support. The time went by much too quickly (for me especially). Yes, I had a few emotional break downs after she left, but we're surviving well now. :) So, here's a shout out to Nana, hope you know how much we all love you!

11 comments:

The Rich Family said...

You do have a wonderful mother in-law! I have really enjoyed the two times that we got to meet her and talk with her and both times Brad and I left saying, "James has such a neat mom!" Anyways, I'm glad she was able to be there to help you!

Mike and Sarah Orme said...

The evans were in my ward growing up and I was GREAT friends with Laura. Their mom, your mother in law, is great. I dont know how many times i enjoyed myself in their house but you really do have a great mother in law. Its fun to know how lucky James is too. :) You guys seems so happy.

Julie said...

Your mother in law is THE BEST! I am John Merris' oldest sister and I ADORE Jody! She is a great example and you are lucky to have her. Congrats on the baby boy and making it through a touch start. Enjoy him!

Cassie said...

Summer! I'm very mad I haven't been on top of things enough to come visit you since our last visit. I'd love to come hold Cam. We will DEFINITELY come over once you guys get back. We miss our playdates!

-Cassie

Chris and Alicia Allen said...

Cute! Your new baby is so darling. Just so you know, we switched our blog address a little while back, here is the new web address. www.aliciaandchrisallen.blogspot.com. Those should have some new pictures for you. :)

Becca J said...

I had to find your blog before I forgot the address!

That is very sweet of you to say what you did about your MIL. Your children are beautiful! I'll have to scroll through your blog to learn more about them. :)

Jenny said...

Jody is THE BEST!!! I love her too:)

Alys said...

I always have thought Kennedy looks like her Grandma. The Evans are wonderful. You are very lucky.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Can I adopt her as my mother-in-law? Seriously, can I?? I sprained my ankle so bad this week, could barely walk let alone carry around a fidgety toddler, and I mentioned it to my mother-in-law who lives 5 minutes away, and she said, "I wish I were a grandma that could help!" What? So weird. Have a great Christmas! Can't wait to meet that handsome baby of yours!

Dani said...

Summer, we completely missed each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I left this morning. :*( I thought about you the whole time I was in Utah. MIss you.

Alisa and Crowells said...

What a beautiful tribute! She seems incredible! Congrats on Cameron! He is a little stud!You have an adorable little family!