Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hospital Pics

I must make a correction to our previous birth announcement. Apparently my babes are extra wiggly OR I seem to have a knack for getting delivery nurses who are 'measuring tape challenged' because we're 2 for 2 on incorrect birth lengths. When Kennedy was born our nurse told us she was 19 1/2 inches, but at her two week appointment I watched the nurse measure her twice - both accurate and both 21 inches. Possible that a newborn can grow an inch and a half in two weeks? I think not. So we like to say she was 20 1/2 inches at birth. This time around when the nurse measured Cameron and told me 19 inches I asked her to humor me and measure again. :) She did and said, "Well, maybe 19 1/2." Too bad, I thought. Looks like our boy's going to be a shortie compared to his gigantically tall sister (who has been above the 95 percentile for height since birth). Then just a few days later in the NICU, James and I watched as a nurse took down all his vitals and logistics. We watched her measure, again twice and again both accurate and guess what? He was just a hair shy of 21 inches. Go figure. :)




P.S. My babelicious little sister Faith is single and now of legal age for any and all eligible bachelors. :)

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Your family is beautiful!!! Also, you look model perfect in that picture of you in the hospital bed...not fair!!

AlliSMiles said...

congrats! he's darling