Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tribute to the Riches


Brad & Lisa Rich left this morning for Phoenix, AZ. Our neighbors and great friends for the past year and a half are gone. I'll be honest, I've been crying all day and I'm feeling pretty depressed about the whole thing. We absolutely love this couple. Lisa is probably one of the best and most creative cooks I know. She was always making something delicious. She is also probably one of the most genuine and generous people I know. She has so much care and concern for those around her--I got to experience this first hand while serving as her counselor in the Relief Society presidency. She's hilariously funny and down right adorable. I have loved having a friend right next door whom I can talk to openly and learn the ropes of motherhood with. Our babes are just two and a half months apart and while their personalities are pretty much polar opposites, we have high hopes for their friendship in the future. :) James and Brad are kindred business spirits and enjoyed lots of golfing and dreaming together. We couldn't have asked for better neighbors or friends. Change can be the pits, especially when it means losing people you care so much about. The only positive I can come up with from them moving is that it definitely makes moving to Salt Lake easier for me. Here's to our wonderful friends Brad & Lisa -- we love you and look forward to many more years of friendship. Best of luck in Arizona!


I tried so hard all day to get a good picture of these kids and they just wouldn't cooperate.....so here's the mug shot. :)

12 comments:

Beach Girl said...

You look like sisters!

Kristie Lee said...

I know exactly how you feel. I think it's that stage of life we are in right now because it's so transitional! We have made some great friends only to have to say goodbye a little while later. I can't wait to really set my roots somewhere and feel like I'm going to be there the rest of my life. Your little belly looks so cute BTW!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Well, there's always room in Arizona for you guys to move here too! Their little boy is really really cute. I'll have to track him down as a future boy toy for Savannah =) Also, I hope the person who left a comment before me has seen you in person, because I don't see any belly at all in these pictures!!

jethrojones said...

Hey, you don't know me, but I know Brad Rich. He was my companion on the mission. Sadly, however, I have lost contact with him. I am so glad that you commented on Jeremy and MacKenzie Ware's blog so I could see how they are. Please pass my email address on to Brad, and if you email me, I will send you my phone number and you can pass that along to me. Tell him and Lisa that we love them, too, and we are glad to hear they are doing well.
email: jethro.jones@gmail.com
blog: http://lifeandtimesofstaciandjethro.blogspot.com
Thanks!

Kaela Cusack said...

We will miss them too! Do they have a blog to keep in touch with? Jake and Kennedy are definitely our FAVORITE kids (especially Cason's!). Why does everyone have to move away :(

Kenz said...

UM, Chello! What a small world. We know Brad and Lisa too! They are wonderful- we can attest to that. Jeremy and Brad were mission companions. Did you guys know that? If you talk to them pass along a big Russian PRIV-YET! (Hello in Russian)

Heather and Trevor said...

Oh I love them! They are so fun. It is so hard to make good friends in Provo because they (we, you, everyone :) ends up moving away! :) At least there are always blogs to keep in touch! :).....

Kayla R. said...

SOOO cute!!! Happy Memorial DAY! love you sum

Kat Clark said...

Hey! You should be able to find bread flour in any major grocery store. It is different than all purpose flour but I am not sure why. I just know that it makes the cookies have that great chewy-ness. Like the ones you get from Mrs. Fields or the cookie shops in the mall. I buy one sack and then it lasts forever in my fridge because I only use it for these cookies. Good luck, like I said in my post, way worth the extra effort! :)

Lindsey said...

Hey Summer, it's Lindsey Tanner from the ward and my husband just started at Goldman Sachs in SL too! He said that your husband mentioned something about it today but he didn't get a chance to talk to him. We are looking to move up to Salt Lake right now as well. What area are you looking in? When does James start? Troy doesn't have to be to work until 7:00 - still early but not as bad as 6:30 so maybe it will be the same for you. There are a few people that carpool from this area right now. That's really fun that you will be at GS too, the benefits are Awesome! (We're at troyandlindsey.blogspot.com)

jenna said...

um you are pregnant???~ you need to announce dang it!

Kat Clark said...

Summer, where are you?! We need a post about baby numero dos! :)